An essential part of life anywhere and anytime is exercise; therefore, it is always good to know where you can hit the gym or do outdoor sports and activities.
In Shanghai, there are many gyms where you can break a sweat, but note that service and equipment quality are huge contributors to a having the perfect workout experience. A great place to put into consideration is the Jinqiao Megafit Sports Club. Established by Fitness Concept Limited of Hong Kong more than a decade ago, this gym allows members to access an unlimited number of facilities, including a sports hall with indoor badminton, basketball, squash, and table tennis courts, an aerobic studio, and even a children’s area. For something more intense and expat friendly, give Eternity Fitness a go. This boutique gym brags (and rightfully-so) to be the first and only official ALL International Fitness company with a training facility in China managed by real fitness professionals and conducted by all top-level international instructors. With many “firsts,” such as the first outdoor boot camp in China and first one-on-one personal training program, Eternity Fitness is pricey but a top pick for foreigners in Shanghai. Similarly, quite a lot of “cha-ching” comes out of your wallet to train at One Wellness but this gym has so much to offer: high-quality equipment, professional trainers, and friendly atmospheres in addition to a nutritious snack bar.
If you are looking for places that offer leisurely activities, here are a few popular places:
· Skating— If you are an ice princess (or prince), Super Rink is the ideal indoor skating rink for you to put on a pair of skates and skate your heart out.
· Shooting— Up for a game of laser tag with your friends? Try Planet Laser Tag where safety and fun come all in one package!
· Horse Riding— Are you missing life in the country-side or sick of life in the city? Take a getaway to the country by participating in the Qingqing Horse Riding Club, where you can embrace nature and be in an animal-friendly environment.
· Go-Kart Racing— SIC Kart World, an outdoor go-kart circuit similar to that of F1, can easily satisfy your need for speed. Bring a group of friends and experience the adrenaline pumping through your veins as you swerve around the tracks and race to the finish line.
· Bowling— A common activity done by friends in America, bowling can be found in places such as High Point where there is also pool, KTV, and card den in addition to a bowling alley with 16 lanes. The student population there is high and can get relatively crowded so either go early or pick a day without “traffic.”